Samsung Solid State Drive MZ-V8V500B/AM 980 500GB Retail
Product: Samsung Solid State Drive MZ-V8V500B/AM 980 500GB Retail
Description: Genuine PCIe 3.0 NVMe speed (up to 3,100/2,600MB/s for read/write speed)
Space-saving and compact M.2 2280 form factor
Upgrade to impressive NVMe speed
Harness your PC's potential with the 980. Whether you need a boost for gaming or a seamless workflow for heavy graphics, the 980 is a smart choice for outstanding SSD performance and it's all backed by an NVMe* interface and PCIe 3.0 technology.
* The NVM Express design mark is a registered trademark of NVM Express, Inc.
Packed with speed
Satisfy your need for speed with PCIe 3.0, using HMB technology and NVMe interface for high efficiency. The 980 delivers value, without sacrificing sequential read/write speeds up to 3,100/2,600 MB/s*, over 6.2x the speed of SATA SSDs**.
* Performance may vary depending on the SSDs firmware version, system and hardware configuration. Performance measurements are based on IOmeter 1.1.0. The write performances were measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology activated. The sequential write performances after Intelligent TurboWrite region are: up to 250 MB/s(250GB), 500 MB/s(500GB) and 900 MB/s(1TB). Test system configuration: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz,DDR4 2133MHz 8GBx2 OS-Windows 10 Pro 64bit Asrock Z-170 Extreme7+
** Results are based on a comparison with Samsung SATA SSDs.
HMB (Host Memory Buffer) technology enables the SSD to use the DRAM of the host system for read/write caching and buffering.
Keep moving with Full Power Mode
Keep your SSD running at its peak with Full Power Mode, which drives continuous and consistent high performance. Enable through Samsung Magician software to keep your SSD in active mode with no latency, so you can instantly jump back into large intensive work files or graphics-heavy games.
980 PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD 500GB
980 PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD
PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.4
Read/write speeds up to: 3,100/2,600MB/s
AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption, TCG/Opal V2.0, Encrypted Drive (IEEE1667)
PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.4
500GB (1GB is equal to 1 Billion byte by IDEMA)
- Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
Sequential Read Speed
Up to 3,100 MB/s
- Performance may vary based on system hardware and configuration
Sequential Write Speed
Up to 2,600 MB/s
-Performance may vary based on system hardware and configuration
HMB(Host Memory Buffer)
GC (Garbage Collection)
Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
Device Sleep Mode Support
Average Power Consumption (system level)
-Average: 4.3 W Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware and configuration
Power consumption (Idle)
Max. 45 mW
- Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware and configuration
Price: $ 95.87
Condition: new - unused item in original box.Availability: Out Of Stock
Shipping: FREE to Continental US, Contact us for international shipping quote.
Available from: AIP
Store Category: Solid State Drives
Viewed: 22 times
Ask a question about this product.